Top 10 Tips for Children's Immune System
By: Becky Castano LAc
No one claims to have all the answers when it comes to our children's health. I certainly don't yet I have been asked by a number of parent's what tips and tricks can we utilize to keep our children Healthy and boost immune function? What have you done the past 6 Years to keep your own children healthy and strong throughout the Holiday Season's? So here are some of my helpful tips and tricks I have been doing for my Son's the past Six Years.
1. Breast milk is essential for foundational Immune boosting nutrients and before age 1. I had my son's checked and treated by Pediatric Chiropractor and Pediatric Acupuncturist in California both right after birth and through out there child hood thus far.
Here is a wonderful link: look up a practitioner in your area "Holistic Pediatric Association" http://hpakids.org/resources.php "Pediatric Chiropractor's can assess cranial, spine misalignment which can effect development and immune function. Also Pediatric Acupuncturist's can support the bodies thymus gland, immune function, digestive health and more. Functional Medicine, Biofeedback, Aromatherapy,
2. Supplement with food based Prenatal Vitamins+ DHA supplements while pregnant and breastfeeding. Eat a diet rich in healthy fat's such as (examples) Organic Eggs, Avocado's, Walnut's, Almonds, Salmon and Tuna Fish.
3. Wash your hands often and children's hands every where, every time. Before you eat or your children eat wash hands. I know that sounds like duh but you cant imagine how often kid's get sick when they eat food with dirty hand's.
4. Everyday before your toddler is off to preschool or School put DoTerra "On Guard" essential oil on his feet under his socks. This is to ward off virus, bacteria and boost immunity. I also use DoTerra "Breathe" essential oil on chest and spine before leaving the house. (mydoterra.com/beckycastano)
5. Every morning eat a Banana, tall glass of water, Protein Source such as an Organic Egg, or Fresh Squeezed Fruit or Veggie Juice.
6. Also another common Morning ritual is making Veggie based fruit Smoothie's; although the controversies I like Spinach, Kale, Protein Powder, Strawberries or Blueberries, banana breakfast smoothie. What Protein Powder we alternate from various brands and flavor's but my basic staple Protein Powder is Standard Process "Whey Pro. Probiotic Supplements and or Superfood's would be ideal
7. Food based Multivitamin: We use the Standard Process: "Catalyn Chewables"
(Gluten Free, Food Based, Not Vegan)
8. Food based Immune Support: Standard Process: "Congaplex Chewable's"
9. Brain development support: Standard Process: "Tuna Omega Oil" (DHA) support's healthy Neurological development
10. Increase quantities of whole unprocessed foods, Reduce quantity of dairy, sugar, gluten and processed preservatives, pesticides, GMO's, chemicals and dyes. Zero candy. This of course is a work in progress my household is not completley cleaned out yet. We try to make good choices but of course it could always be more consistent and in need of improvemnet. "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food".
Disclaimer: This is only Recommendation's by Becky Castano LAc not Prescription's
Standard Process Supplements can be picked up at The Wellness Centre in Katy, Texas
Also Standard Process can be picked up from Becky Castano LAc Direct 832-812-2802
DoTerra Essential Oil Products can be purchased Via Becky Castano LAc Direct or through this Website : http://mydoterra.com/beckycastano
DoTerra Catalog PDF: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/product-catalog-us-version/0627515001387574735?short
Holistic Pediatric Alliance: http://hpakids.org/resources.php
Standard Process: http://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process-Document-Library/Brochures/childrensnutritionL1350.pdf